Wash Hands, Wash Hands, Wash Everything:
“Top Things You Can Do, To Stay Healthy At Home”
- Wash or sanitize your hands after you come home from public places. Wash hands before preparing food, before eating, between handling uncooked fruit and vegetables and raw meats, and after toilet use.
- Use safe cooking practices. Foodborne illnesses frequently arise from poor food preparation and dining habits.
- Don’t share personal items.Toothbrushes, towels, razors, handkerchiefs, and nail clippers can all be sources of infectious agents (bacteria, viruses, and fungi). Remind children often that while they can share toys, there are some types of items they should not share with others.
- Do not place purses or bags on the kitchen table,on the kitchen counter, or anywhere else food is consumed in your home.
- Keep pet environments clean and remember to prevent pets from drinking out of the toilet. Keep pets vaccinated and bathed, and clean up accidents promptly. Provide clean bedding, water, and food dishes. Protect your pet and your family and keep disease out of your home by preventing fleas, ticks, and other pests from getting in.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces on a regular basis. Establish a schedule for daily and weekly cleaning and disinfection activities based on the location and level of contamination. Clean more often when there are sick family members in your home.
- Avoid clutter to limit areas where dust and dirt can collect.
- Organize your cleaning supplies in one area so they are easy to find. Remember to keep cleaning agents away from children.
- Make it a family affair.Keeping a home clean should be shared by all members of the family. Assign young kids simple tasks to keep them involved.
- Always Remember: As far as healthy aging at home, the key is to maintain balanced well-being, physically, mentally and emotionally. One thing to remember is that it’s never too late to make a healthy change and even a little can go a long way. Indeed, one positive change can give us the motivation to make more positive choices as we begin to feel better!
- Getting a regular dose of physical activity or exercise every day is highly recommended for improving your overall body, health, and well-being. As you age, it’s important to stay active as it not only supports physical strength but also is associated with maintaining muscle and bone strength, getting better sleep, and improving mental capacity and memory, as well as reducing pain and the risk of depression.
- Gardening, golfing, and swimming are other activities that provide great exercise as we age. Remember to check with your physician first and then go for it! Make physical activity a regular part of your life and you will feel the benefits immensely.
- For helpful information about heath visit www.jamhuricares.com/helpfullinks
- we are just a phone call away if you need help: 800-547-2851.