“A Raised Toilet : What You Need To Know”
As we age, or if we become disabled, we often find that certain tasks become more challenging. One such task that can be difficult for seniors and disabled individuals is using the toilet. However, a simple solution can make a big difference: a raised toilet seat.
A raised toilet seat is exactly what it sounds like: a seat that sits on top of your existing toilet seat and raises its height. This small change can make a big difference in the comfort and independence of seniors and disabled individuals who struggle with lower body strength and mobility.
Here are a few of the benefits of using a raised toilet seat:
- Increased comfort: Sitting on a low toilet seat can be painful and hard on the knees and legs. A raised toilet seat can make it easier to sit down and stand up, reducing pain and discomfort.
- Improved independence: If you struggle with mobility, a raised toilet seat can help you maintain your independence and reduce your reliance on others for assistance.
- Reduced risk of falls: Seniors and disabled individuals are at a greater risk of falls, and a raised toilet seat can help reduce that risk by making it easier to sit and stand.
- Better hygiene: A raised toilet seat can provide better hygiene by reducing the need to touch the toilet seat or bowl with your hands, as you don’t need to use your hands to balance yourself as much.
- Affordable and easy to install: Raised toilet seats are relatively inexpensive and easy to install, making them an affordable and practical solution for anyone seeking to make their bathroom safer and more comfortable.
It’s important to note that not all raised toilet seats are created equal. There are varying heights and shapes to accommodate different needs and physical conditions. Some may also come with added features like handles or armrests for additional support.
In conclusion, a raised toilet seat is a simple solution that can provide significant benefits for seniors and disabled individuals. It can increase comfort, independence, and reduce the risk of falls, while also providing better hygiene and being affordable and easy to install. If you or a loved one is struggling with using a low toilet seat, consider investing in a raised toilet seat to improve your daily life.
For more information, about in home personal care, for seniors and disabled adults. Call Jamhuri Healthcare Services Inc. 1-800-547-2851 or visit us on the web: www.jamhuricares.com
We are licensed as a residential service agency by the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene – Office of Health Care Quality, since 2004